OP
J

Jruss54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said. Biggest tank within your budget and space allowed. Moving to larger tanks can be a lot of work so finding a tank that you are comfortable with keeping for atleast 3 years is the best option. Tangs require bigger tanks preferably 6' or longer and triggers are typically not reef safe. Go for the 150. That is what I have. You will not regret it.
This is got to know. Love the way triggers look, but also enjoy corals. My wife likes wrasses and I like some puffer too so figuring out what will go with each other is another part of it on top of getting the tank and all of the accessories

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9C9A4FE2-C0A7-44E8-B39B-CF4CDC81C7E3.png

OP
OP
J

Jruss54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty set on going to a 150. Waiting for a good deal. Preferably one with some extras that come with it. If anyone is aware of one in IndIana or close let me know. Also, if anyone wants to share with me their water making station, that would be helpful too. I plan to use two 55 gallon drums. One salt and one rodi. They will be side by side in my garage. What are your thoughts on protein skimmers for a 150 gallon (brands, size)? I am a hobbies with a budget unfortunately. Thanks.

OP
OP
J

Jruss54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty set on going to a 150. Waiting for a good deal. Preferably one with some extras that come with it. If anyone is aware of one in IndIana or close let me know. Also, if anyone wants to share with me their water making station, that would be helpful too. I plan to use two 55 gallon drums. One salt and one rodi. They will be side by side in my garage. What are your thoughts on protein skimmers for a 150 gallon (brands, size)? I am a hobbies with a budget unfortunately. Thanks.
I would like to buy pieces of a equipment a little at a time.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back