Looking to upgrade

Jruss54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 36 gallon bow front tank that has been up for just under 2 years. I have a few fish and live rock in there. I would like to upgrade to at least a 90 gallon, 125, or 150. I would like a sump, and to make my own water station in the near future. If you have any must haves and recommendations for me with starting to purchase equipment for the upcoming build. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Edited to remove my wisecrack and to protect the guilty party who has since corrected the oversight. ;Shy

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Go as big as you can handle. Best advice I can give :)
giphy (2).gif

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family. I always suggest to go as large as your space and budget allow. If nothing else, it delays your next upgrade!!!

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! I would recommend things but honestly, I don't know if I want to put someone else through it. In the addiction world, I would be what you would call an Enabler. Lol. Joking, what do you plan on keeping in the future(livestock wise)?

OP
OP
J

Jruss54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! I would recommend things but honestly, I don't know if I want to put someone else through it. In the addiction world, I would be what you would call an Enabler. Lol. Joking, what do you plan on keeping in the future(livestock wise)?
I have two gladiator clowns, bicolor gammon, rusty angel. I think a blue damsel. I would like to get some coral and possibly some tangs or a way trigger fish.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two gladiator clowns, bicolor gammon, rusty angel. I think a blue damsel. I would like to get some coral and possibly some tangs or a way trigger fish.

Like others have said. Biggest tank within your budget and space allowed. Moving to larger tanks can be a lot of work so finding a tank that you are comfortable with keeping for atleast 3 years is the best option. Tangs require bigger tanks preferably 6' or longer and triggers are typically not reef safe. Go for the 150. That is what I have. You will not regret it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back