Looney Toons Stylo

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the standard purple Stylocoeniella but it's not doing good. Only thing I can think of is I have too strong of current. What conditions do you keep your Stylocoeniella in?

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a weird stylo one half was blue with green polyps the other half red with red n yellow polyps.
Like a fool I fragged into separate colours.
I will see if I can find pics
Yeah you messed up. I would try to graft it back.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the standard purple Stylocoeniella but it's not doing good. Only thing I can think of is I have too strong of current. What conditions do you keep your Stylocoeniella in?
Maybe too high light too fast. They say it's a low light coral. Some people said it can be acclimated to higher light but very slowly. I've only seen burnin bananas in person, and all of the ones I've seen were bleaching and receding from too much light. The one I bought I placed low under the shade of a power head and after a month it is growing and getting color back.

Curtis Reed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Any of you sps Hawks out there growing a looney toons stylo? It looks awesome, but I can only find ine picture of it. If you have it, please share some pics!
Beautiful.

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If its anything like the "Burnin Banana" it likes low par. I don't think it is too picky about flow.

Added frag in January, moved original frag to a different rock this month...
I had a sudden drop in Alk right after I put it in, It did not like that. It took a while to get it's color back. Picture is from iPhone it is really quite yellow.
January 2017
spongodoes1.jpg

October 2017
banana2_Oct.jpg

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Any of you sps Hawks out there growing a looney toons stylo? It looks awesome, but I can only find ine picture of it. If you have it, please share some pics!
006C4A7D-D812-4080-A909-64BF7AB116F3.jpeg

My bizarro frag. This photo gives no justice to its beauty. But I’ve never seen it’s little tentacles come out. When does that happen?

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 5.3%
Back