Losing a wrasse

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to lose my first wrasse to jumping, sadly it's my lineatus. I had my cover off for feeding and letting my frozen thaw. By the time I fished him out from behind the tank he had been out of the water 2-3 minutes. I've got him floating in my net now, he's alive but just floating about in the net. Lame.

OP
OP
P

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are. He didn't make it. He was bleeding from the gills so I'm assuming the fall did most of the damage.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that stinks! It can happen in a moment. I lost one recently that jumped out while I was feeding. He landed on the adjacent screen top but I didn't notice him until I found him dead and dry the following day!

I don't turn my back on the tank now when one of the screen covers is off!

OP
OP
P

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that stinks! It can happen in a moment. I lost one recently that jumped out while I was feeding. He landed on the adjacent screen top but I didn't notice him until I found him dead and dry the following day!

I don't turn my back on the tank now when one of the screen covers is off!

Same here. From now food is thawing with the cover on.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just lost my carpenters flasher to a spinal injury. I noticed him swimming head up and tail down, along with resting on the sand frequently. He also stopped eating for days (even moving him to a small tank didn't help). He was fully grown when I got him, so who knows how old he was? It really sucks, so I feel your pain. One of the better looking carpenters that I've seen. I have a lid (mesh screen), so he must've hit the glass or rocks? He and the line-spot kept each other occupied flashing each other.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back