Lost all but 1 fish, disease & reason unknown, how to QT a tank with 1 fish and inverts. Afraid to add more fish!

OP
OP
SakuraSky

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be three things: flukes, dings from running into things in the tank, or the start of HLLE. I don't think it is the latter. Based on its previous behavior, I'd be inclined to say flukes. Praziquantel should be dosed with good aeration, twice, 8 days apart. Remove carbon filtration and UV. Run any skimmer, but do not collect skimmate.

Jay
Awesome. Just the clarification I needed to go ahead to treat. Will dose tank immediately. I have a skimmer and will run it without the cup, I have carbon (aquatop forza brand) ready to go once treatment is done since I dont run carbon otherwise.
Will try to improve his diet as well.

OP
OP
SakuraSky

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another update as there has been some immediate changes overnight with the tang. Tank is dosed, lots of aeration going. I'm sure there's nothing I can do, just simply posting to my thread to document/for others to see as well
He has lost a decent amount of pigmentation on his mouth and seems the have scales now missing on his face as well. (Video is slowed down)

1000017744.jpg
1000017745.jpg
1000017737.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SakuraSky

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is day 8 and will do a water change and dose prazi again
Tang update: he's actually doing a lot better and looks better! His discoloration has resolved mostly, especially in his mouth. I have also upped his feedings. The white paper in the back has calmed down his glass surfing. whether it was stress, diet or disease related or a combination, something is working!

OP
OP
SakuraSky

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last update to this thread.
My tang has made 100% recovery and he is looking great and even his caudal spine that was sticking out has gone back in. I have gotten my new fish from Dr. Reef and everyone is doing well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 151 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back