Lost my clown :(

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sad to say I lost my black clown fish.
He was acting very strange when I put him in the new tank. It seems like he was being extremely territorial and kind of swimming on top of other fish and pushing them around other fish I think she was trying to find his way in the new tank!
I couldn't find her yesterday afternoon but was very strange because even when she hides it's always in a corner never totally out of sight so I knew something happens to her.
I thought perhaps the triggerfish got to her but there was no trace of her at all then I realized by the way a couple of fish were swimming around in some rug that I think somehow got stuck with inside the rock work. Actually at first I thought she would be just hiding in there but when I didn't see her I thought maybe she was stuck ... After a while I realized that she was dead because I had an ammonia spike. And this morning I found Her on the sand in the area that I thought she could possibly be stuck. I find it hard to believe that a fish would or could wedge themselves into a spot they couldn't get out but she was really having a hard time with territory.
When I did find her this morning her tailfin was gone but that's probably because some other fish for picking out her when she was stuck I feel so awful that there was nothing I can do.
This little black and white clown fish has been through a lot and was my second fish. :(

Edsel Santoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually fish getting stuck is not that unusual. My cherub was being picked on and one morning I found him stuck within a small hole. Thankfully i got him out and he was okay.Unfortunately the other fish kept picking on him and he jumped out of the fish tank. Sorry to hear about your clown.

Edsel Santoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I remember well the beginning of my fish tank. To sum it up it was horrible but hold on there, it gets better and one day you will be able to enjoy your fish tank without any worries.

I dont know if that word of inspiration helped but there you go.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 74 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back