Lost my Clownfish

gentlefish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2020
Messages
698
Reaction score
779
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share. I lost my male Davinchi Mocha. Only 2 years old. 1 1/2 inches. Stable tank parameters, no unquarantained no disease. All else doing great. No aggression issues, well it was a male in the pair. Healthy fins. Saw him 1/2 hour prior to his demise. Perfect. I came back with the fish in distress, unable to willfully move. On the bottom, belly up. Intermittent brief attempts to swim, but fading fast. Low respiratory rate. He passed before I could even get him in an acclimatization box.
This would be the first time that I believe that I witnessed a stroke in a fish. It is the only way I can explain the low respiratory rate.
 
I am sorry that you lost your pet fish. However, IMO, @Daniel92481 compare loosing a loved pet fish to loosing “loved ones” is a bit much.
BTW I got a A. percula that got a stoke. She was a very large female almost 3 inches. About a year ago over night she was not able to swim. She basically not able to keep upright and swim in a cork screw motion. I Isolated her. She have since slowly improved and can mostly swim upright now but still not as stable as normal.
She have resumed spawning regularly but not completely in command of her swimming.
I got video of her when she first got the stroke and will need to post over the next few days including video of her now.
 
Sorry for your loss, it’s always hard. :(
 
I am sorry that you lost your pet fish. However, IMO, @Daniel92481 compare loosing a loved pet fish to loosing “loved ones” is a bit much.
BTW I got a A. percula that got a stoke. She was a very large female almost 3 inches. About a year ago over night she was not able to swim. She basically not able to keep upright and swim in a cork screw motion. I Isolated her. She have since slowly improved and can mostly swim upright now but still not as stable as normal.
She have resumed spawning regularly but not completely in command of her swimming.
I got video of her when she first got the stroke and will need to post over the next few days including video of her now.
Sometimes fish become loved ones for some people. They definitely have for me.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new