Lost my orange banded prawn goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mooniegt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mooniegt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometime in the night, my orange banded prawn goby jumped THROUGH the netting of my Kraken Reef lid. The openings in the mesh are about 1/4", I just can't even figure out how he could have possibly lept out of the water and made it all the way through the netting. I found him dried out this morning. Yesterday, a few hermit crabs and a few nassarius snails were added to the tank, maybe they stressed him out, I don't know... I don't really have a question I guess, just sharing my experience...
 
So sorry you had a goby jump through the netting! Do you have pictures of the lid?
 
I’m not home at the moment, but you can see the mesh on Kraken Reef’s website.
 
I had the exact same thing happen today but my lid had a small gap in the back that i have now since fixed. Any theories as to why they jump?
 
I'm so sorry for your loss :crying-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new