Loud buzzing coming from top PAB port

panda_corals

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a GHL 2.1 doser from aquacave and after setting it all up last night there is a constant loud buzzing noise coming from the top PAB port. I also received a little shock from the unit when trying to find the cause of the buzzing (could be unrelated but not sure).
 
Hello,
Have you verified that the loud buzz is not the alarm buzzer attempting to alarm of a low container condition?
 
Yes. Oddly enough I have just found that it only makes the humming/buzzing noise when I have the logo light set to constant off. If I turn the logo light to constant blue the humming/buzzing noise goes away. Do you know what could be causing this issue?
 
The logo light must also be on 100%
 
Yes. Oddly enough I have just found that it only makes the humming/buzzing noise when I have the logo light set to constant off. If I turn the logo light to constant blue the humming/buzzing noise goes away. Do you know what could be causing this issue?

+1 Thank you for this. My doser just arrived and have the same issue. The buzzing is annoying, effectively requiring the light to be on.

@Marco@GHLUSA can you PM the same info?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new