Love My Barlett's Anthias!

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
9,349
Reaction score
7,991
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought home a pair of Barlett's Anthias a few days ago. I was cautious as I've read they can be hard to keep and like the hummingbirds of saltwater fish. I can see why someone compared them to hummingbirds - they're constantly moving and dart across the tank and through the rockwork...

The owner of my LFS bought a trio for someone who never picked them up - one died soon after arrival. I've been watching them in the store for over a month. Every time I went in (2-3x/weekly) he let me feed them, to see them eat prepared foods. After a month I couldn't take it any longer and brought home a few days ago. They eat almost anything! i know there are threads upon threads regarding anthias...just thought I'd add another one =)
 
I brought home a pair of Barlett's Anthias a few days ago. I was cautious as I've read they can be hard to keep and like the hummingbirds of saltwater fish. I can see why someone compared them to hummingbirds - they're constantly moving and dart across the tank and through the rockwork...

The owner of my LFS bought a trio for someone who never picked them up - one died soon after arrival. I've been watching them in the store for over a month. Every time I went in (2-3x/weekly) he let me feed them, to see them eat prepared foods. After a month I couldn't take it any longer and brought home a few days ago. They eat almost anything! i know there are threads upon threads regarding anthias...just thought I'd add another one =)
that's the best thing you could have done. the hardest thing is to get healthy ones that eat. that's winning half the battle. congrats. :)
 
Congrats on the anthias!!!! I would like to have some but no room for the anthias right now, maybe when I get a bigger tank! Post some pics!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new