OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the faucet in my kitchen. Nothing can be attached to it, I tried last year when I wanted to attach a hose.

The local fish store that I buy the water from doesn’t have a proper machine to test water and just use an api kit. There is a shop I can send a sample off to.

My ph is 8.0

Attachments

• 954800B2-C4FC-4C47-BDB4-F8999E0D54E8.jpeg
    954800B2-C4FC-4C47-BDB4-F8999E0D54E8.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 18

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tap classed as a swan neck tap,so should have a removable aerator,To attach to a tap,you need to remove the aerator on end of it,just unscrews.
See the line inbetween ,it's not all one piece,unscrew aerator then screw on adapter for rodi then you good to go.
Depending on age of tap,they can ne on tight and hard to budge,but little trick so don't scratch or damage ,is to use 2 pump pliers but put tea towels or piece off cloth over it or on your actual pump pliers ,and just hold with one pliers and twist with other,remember " lefty loosey and righty tighty " meaning turn left to loosen/open and turn right to tighten/close ,this goes for 99% of things,there is some odd things like bike pedals that go opposite for some reason but most is lefty loosey, rightey tighty lol

Or can hold tap at top tightly and just use one set off pump pliers

Screenshot_20220731-113950_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I tested the pre mixed sw I have and it is showing as 0.50 (7.7 dkh) When I tested the tank water again it came up as 0.68 (4.8 dkh). Below are images of the syringes to check I’m reading it properly. First is saltwater, second is tank water.
That’s good the New water from the store is close to 8.0 , so your tank is on the low side. If you would like coralline to start growing, bump the ALK up. 8.0 for a target, that’s what the water you use is at.

Once decided on which supplement for Alk, only add half of the amount. Test 1 hr later. Add more if needed. Test again. Best practice is test at the same time every couple days to figure out your total ALK consumption.

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out you tube videos on how to remove your aerator from your spigot and then can attach adapter to connect RODI filter to your sink faucet. They make a special tool to remove aerator

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good the New water from the store is close to 8.0 , so your tank is on the low side. If you would like coralline to start growing, bump the ALK up. 8.0 for a target, that’s what the water you use is at.

Once decided on which supplement for Alk, only add half of the amount. Test 1 hr later. Add more if needed. Test again. Best practice is test at the same time every couple days to figure out your total ALK consumption.
Are there any supplements for Alk you would recommend?

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah only Pet City is suitable. The other one marine world is the one I’ve heard a lot of bad things about, it’s on Halifax road near Woodside estate. Check out some of the reviews of the place. QSS is really good but doesn’t do salt water. BMC just do corals but are supposed to be really good and the Maidenhead aquatics is at tong garden centre but they don’t do salt water anymore.
Radical Reefs at Leeds has an AquaSpin that tests Kh, PH, Phos, Ca, Mag, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate. Think he charges £8

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radical Reefs at Leeds has an AquaSpin that tests Kh, PH, Phos, Ca, Mag, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate. Think he charges £8
Yeah they’re really good. I don’t drive tho so it’s just getting.a lift there etc.

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tested magnesium which was 1260 and calcium was 360. I’m going to my LFs today and where I get the water from so will ask them what they think.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back