Low Iron Glass Scraper

Chayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best low iron glass scraper? had a magnetic one before but I did not like the bristles it had.

OP
OP
Chayo

Chayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not joking. A razor blade on a handle is the best. But use a new blade as often as you can
Yeah I use a brand new blade every time, super satisfying but I use my arm and no handle, mind sharing a good handle to use with these blades.
image.jpg

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, anyone know where you can buy a handle to pop the blade into? I use my hand also, no scraper can do the job of a straight edge.
I always used to use a piece of dowel rod with a notch to hold the blade. You can secure the blade with a rubber band or string, dowels are pretty cheap. With the new magnetic cleaners, I don’t use them anymore.

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, anyone know where you can buy a handle to pop the blade into? I use my hand also, no scraper can do the job of a straight edge.
Hands down the best purchase I made in this hobby.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-104202_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-104202_Chrome.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 62

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of razor blades as well, although with a “big” tank it gets tiring and time consuming.

Just picked up an “Algae free” and am very impressed with it. Pricy, but solid construction and contact seems very well spread across the magnet. If the Velcro backing isn’t to your liking they include a softer pad (acrylic) or you could add felt instead. That said, anything other than the Velcro is really only good for soft built up.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This look like it could work to hold the razor blades. link

I have been using a Tunze magnetic scraper and a Magic eraser.

Back