Low Kh and calcium in reef tank

Tangina20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got test kits for these two things and it says my calcium is 340 and kh is 17.9ppm or 1dkh with api test kits. What should I do to get these levels up??? I also don’t understand the difference between all, dkh, and kh.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend a single change until you retested with a quality test kit. API tests are really only good for cycling your tank after that they are no where near accurate. For accuracy and cost I would recommend you get Salifert or Red Sea kits. I've seen to many people use API and crash their tank due to poor test accuracy. If budget allows I would recommend Hanna for PO4, and Alk, and Salifert for MG, and Ca.

OP
OP
Tangina20

Tangina20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend a single change until you retested with a quality test kit. API tests are really only good for cycling your tank after that they are no where near accurate. For accuracy and cost I would recommend you get Salifert or Red Sea kits. I've seen to many people use API and crash their tank due to poor test accuracy. If budget allows I would recommend Hanna for PO4, and Alk, and Salifert for MG, and Ca.
I will look in to it thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back