Low light/ flow coral for this bare bottom area ?

SomeHappyFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
675
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of adding a rock here to hide the bare bottom glass and I could maybe add a encrusting coral who likes low-medium flow and light on it. Away from my main rock structure.

Ideas ? 20241102_161147.jpg
 
Acans can take low to moderate flow..it's the Par more of a concern
But that's not the OP's question, lol.
Like you asking me what color car to buy and I tell you to get a FWD
 
You'll figure it out good luck
Well you gave solid advice about the op question - what coral can go in that spot/can I put an acan garden there.

I agree par would be my concern.

IMO if par in that spot is 125 or less, ideally 80-100….I would throw some acans in there and see how they do
 
Well you gave solid advice about the op question - what coral can go in that spot/can I put an acan garden there.

I agree par would be my concern.

IMO if par in that spot is 125 or less, ideally 80-100….I would throw some acans in there and see how they do
My apologies I kept it short & tried to mention what's important over flow..Let me give a detailed explanation ..So many in the hobby(i did it also)put lights on the tank slap some power heads & roll the dice not knowing the correct PAR. In that area it's very important to know because that's usually the lowest spot PAR wise. Softies & LPS can handle a wide range of flow so your options are unlimited there unless we're talking SPS. But whatever you put there knowing the correct PAR can help dictate will that coral just stay alive, thrive, or maybe even die if it's too low..but if I had to guess the PAR any Softie or LPS will do just fine there
 
My apologies I kept it short & tried to mention what's important over flow..Let me give a detailed explanation ..So many in the hobby(i did it also)put lights on the tank slap some power heads & roll the dice not knowing the correct PAR. In that area it's very important to know because that's usually the lowest spot PAR wise. Softies & LPS can handle a wide range of flow so your options are unlimited there unless we're talking SPS. But whatever you put there knowing the correct PAR can help dictate will that coral just stay alive, thrive, or maybe even die if it's too low..but if I had to guess the PAR any Softie or LPS will do just fine there
BTW I had already read your comment saying it was medium flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new