OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 7part buble Magnus doser and still top off with kalk lol.... Saves me money on 2 part and for some reason my corals love it.... I have experienced tremendous growth since I started using it... I kick my self all the time for the years I didn't ..:(

lol wow! Well I have this other stuff now.. I will try that next to see if I get better results. What all do you does in your tank?

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo my new Hanna tester is reading zero for Phosphate.. What else could be causing my algae issue??

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mb7 is microbacter 7 that and vodka is a win!!!! As for your Hanna checker makes sense all of them do there worthless... Also your algae is given you false readings.... I have a huge thread on the p04 checker

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol sweet.. well im glad my algae is lying to me and its not really there because my Hanna says so.. lol Well, crap.. I have brightwell phosphate remover.. I was waiting to try it until after i got my reading.. But there is no good reading to base my dose on.. So I guess I will try to put some in to see if it helps anyway.. If im running a carbon and GFO reactor, would you still suggest dosing vodka?

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does kalk affect dosing of alk, cal, and mag? Obviously evaporation rates change depending on air movement and temperature. Are the affects of kalk on alk and cal minimal enough to not really matter?

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does kalk affect dosing of alk, cal, and mag? Obviously evaporation rates change depending on air movement and temperature. Are the affects of kalk on alk and cal minimal enough to not really matter?

Kalk is my Ca and my Ca reactor is my Alk. I use reactors for both.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 111 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back