Lps coral growth

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers what should I use for lps coral growth? Currently in my tank set up I have 2 maxspect gyre 60 and 70 percent pulse I have a cheato reactor running I’m using a carbon reactor all though I don’t know if I should use the carbon? Was thinking of Using kalkwasser. Just looking for some advice

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this kind of depends on what type of LPS you're referring to. Typically for most LPS feeding seems to be the best way to increase growth, I've seen a massive difference in growth from my blastomussa and duncan since I started feeding them Vitalis LPS. Some LPS don't seem to have as much of a feeding response and for those species I think its more about proper spectrum, flow and parameters. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in though. What species of corals are specifically having trouble with?

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this kind of depends on what type of LPS you're referring to. Typically for most LPS feeding seems to be the best way to increase growth, I've seen a massive difference in growth from my blastomussa and duncan since I started feeding them Vitalis LPS. Some LPS don't seem to have as much of a feeding response and for those species I think its more about proper spectrum, flow and parameters. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in though. What species of corals are specifically having trouble with?
I have a mix softies and lps I had a hammer coral that was growing and just stopped my gsp is not growing

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers are one of those LPS that sometimes has a somewhat lack luster feeding response buut if two separate corals stopped growing at the same time that could indicate more of a water quality issue. If your not running carbon and you have other softies in the tank another possibility would be chemical warfare. Some softies release toxins to slow the growth of other corals and give them the competitive edge.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back