LPS coral suggestions

Llorgon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some lps suggestions for a specific part of my aquascape.

I've got a little tower of rocks on the right side of my tank that isn't filled with coral. The top is flat and maybe 3 inches from the water surface.

What would be some good lps corals to fill this section up?

Lights are radion xr30 set to LPS/soft mode, 20% brightness.

Pictures of the rocks in question below.

DSC_0102.JPG DSC_0104.JPG

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try an elegance coral. It would make for a nice, wavy hairdo for your tower of power :) Duncans would look good up there, too, especially once the colony get about the size of a baseball.

OP
OP
L

Llorgon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elegance coral does look cool! Would I have to worry about it stinging the hammer coral if I put it on the very top?

I have a duncan. You can see it in the bottom left in the first picture. It has been doing so well on the sand bed I haven't moved it.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the Duncan...my bad. I honestly don't know if the hammer or the elegance is more aggressive. Lately, my branching hammer has been going APE on corals nearby. The elegance cleared off on side of a nearby birdsnest colony. If you wanted to try an elegance, you can around the flow to where the elegance tentacles were always pointed away from the hammer.

OP
OP
L

Llorgon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the Duncan...my bad. I honestly don't know if the hammer or the elegance is more aggressive. Lately, my branching hammer has been going APE on corals nearby. The elegance cleared off on side of a nearby birdsnest colony. If you wanted to try an elegance, you can around the flow to where the elegance tentacles were always pointed away from the hammer.

That's a good idea. If it didn't work at the very top I could glue it to the side farther down the rockscape.

A large torch would look cool too

A torch is definitely on the list when I can find one for a price I am ok with spending(still unsure what I can and can't keep alive).

So I measured. From the very top rock to the top of the water is only 2.5 inches. So I think for the very top I would need something that stays pretty close to the rock

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back