LPS for dummies?

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks a lot for the info!! beautiful collection. i was tempted on getting cloves, my lfs has a good colony of rainbows for $120 though ! flowerpot is also cool to me. what are you nitrates at if i may ask? i think my biggest anxiety is my tank is usually 15-20ppm and that the lps wouldn’t be so happy about it..
Honestly, I have never ever tested my water. The only testing equipment I have is a refractometer :). Everything’s going strong, I just watch the corals and add supplements based on their behavior and growth patterns :)

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks a lot for the info!! beautiful collection. i was tempted on getting cloves, my lfs has a good colony of rainbows for $120 though ! flowerpot is also cool to me. what are you nitrates at if i may ask? i think my biggest anxiety is my tank is usually 15-20ppm and that the lps wouldn’t be so happy about it..
I’m normally 15-20 with nitrates and my lps are doing great

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

15-20ppm Nitrates is totally fine for LPS. There are a few reefers who target those levels. Just make sure everything else is balanced accordingly, but I wouldn't sweat 20ppm nitrates.

Noob_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers and frogspawn are the best starting lps tbh. I have a couple
20200414_132518.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back