LPS ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sump Crab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
2,201
Reaction score
3,192
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I just picked this little blue LPS from the LFS and am wondering if someone can give me an ID. Thanks!
008BB6BB-208B-4760-9246-44F37C1DB19B.jpeg
46029F03-B0CD-430F-BBF5-89132BEDA682.jpeg
89A2361A-CF4C-425E-8C38-52D87B4A1D0D.jpeg
 
It kind of looks like a short tentacle Gonipora. Not 100% anyone else have an idea?
 
I have a few lithophyllons but the tenticals aren’t that long
 
Yes I think y’all are right. Sps? Dang. I was thinking it was LPs. Hopefully I won’t kill it.
 
Yes I think y’all are right. Sps? Dang. I was thinking it was LPs. Hopefully I won’t kill it.
Hydnophora are LPS, not SPS, as they are in the family Merulinidae, which is an LPS family.
 
Hydnophora are LPS, not SPS, as they are in the family Merulinidae, which is an LPS family.

it certainly looks like one but reading stuff online ppl seem to disagree which it is considered within the hobby. Love the blue color on this one!
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new