LPS ID?

CloudReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2023
Messages
259
Reaction score
116
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this on some Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock. It was completely bleached when it arrived as a hitchhiker 8 weeks ago but has been slowly impoving.

The largest polyp is about 1cm in diameter.

Can anyone ID?

PXL_20230804_162413468.jpg
 
My local fish store has one of these that hitched into their tank a while back. . . they didn't know what it was when I asked either haha.

Very cool though!!!
 
Those are called hidden cup coral, pretty common with Florida live rock.(Phyllangia americana)
Thanks! I think I have several other colonies with much smaller polyps.
 
Hey I was hoping someone could ID this LPS coral! I got it from a guy that’s had it for over a year and he said it’s a blasto but I just want to check.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6687.jpeg
    IMG_6687.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6683.jpeg
    IMG_6683.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 46
Got this on some Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock. It was completely bleached when it arrived as a hitchhiker 8 weeks ago but has been slowly impoving.

The largest polyp is about 1cm in diameter.

Can anyone ID?

PXL_20230804_162413468.jpg
If it came from Florida live rock, then I would guess that it's Phyllangia americana.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new