LPS not opening

Gianluca

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
121
Reaction score
57
Location
Northville
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I just added a display refugium to my main tank, and since then both my LPS, torch and acan aren’t opening. All my softies (other than my mushroom) are all open and doing great, same goes for my montipora. I thought it could be flow at first but I adujsted the outtake to match the old the flow of the tank. It’s been two days where they open ever so slightly but nothing else. What could be causing this?

CC5FB4AB-406A-4B78-9288-8D3204D95E35.jpeg 98E90A76-B63D-4617-834C-DC861E2B6F2A.jpeg F2398E06-B3BE-42FB-A361-D57A1EDF1CFE.jpeg D4120511-F904-4182-AD9B-B570AE10950A.jpeg
 
We need info - perameters such as salinity, nutrients, calcium, alk, etc.
Sorry completely forgot to add that.
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 20
Phosphate - 0.08 ppm
Alkalinity - 180
PH - 8.4
Calcium - 410 ppm
Magnesium - 1280
Salinity - 1.026
 
i am thinking could I have lowered my nitrates too fast? I went from about 50 to 20 in a day
 
The torch closed up a bit more and the Acan is about the same. It’s the most green I have seen them in white lighting
 

Attachments

  • 7C25292F-D4EE-41EB-9AE0-1DCF9E3BE02E.jpeg
    7C25292F-D4EE-41EB-9AE0-1DCF9E3BE02E.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 111

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new