LTA wandered into filter intake

  • Thread starter Thread starter jsc0092
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jsc0092

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2025
Messages
34
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a LTA which I’ve had for a few months that wandered into my canister filter intake. I was able to cut the intake apart to get it out but it looks badly damaged. I’m wondering if I should try putting it back in the tank.

I’m assuming it’s a loss

20260109_131118_3E2AD1B1-4DF9-4BD9-BE75-0E66323A2A32.png
 
When they climb and towards powerhead, in many cases due to insufficient light and/or water flow
Also assure phosphate is not high and temperature ranges of 76-79 degrees
 
Yeah it was flow, I moved a power head yesterday
great to hear. Wait a day then feed 2x a week. Mysis shrimp or chopped krill , good
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new