Lubbock and naoko wrasse compatibility

  • Thread starter Thread starter Justmike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Justmike

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2016
Messages
96
Reaction score
44
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Lubbock fairy wrasse in my 120 (along with other peaceful fish) and he is doing great . I am wanting to add a naoko fairy wrasse (male) as my next fish and want to know your opinions if they will be compatible .
Thanks in advance
 
I've found naokoae to be pretty aggressive toward other fairies and flashers. But an established lubbocki in a 120 should hold it's own. I foresee conflict, but you could attempt with a social acclimation box and be prepared to rehome one if necessary. Personally, I wouldn't do it.
 
I've found naokoae to be pretty aggressive toward other fairies and flashers. But an established lubbocki in a 120 should hold it's own. I foresee conflict, but you could attempt with a social acclimation box and be prepared to rehome one if necessary. Personally, I wouldn't do it.
I agree-- but if you added a couple other fairy wrasse you might be able to spread the aggression enough that you can pull it off.

I wouldn't recommend more timid species like lineatus and rhomboid, however.
 
Last edited:
I probably wouldn't do a naoko either. There's a chance it might work, but it will all depend on the attitude of the particular naoko you end up with.

Pick a more peaceful species of Cirrhilabrus. ;)
 
Thanks guys for the input . Ngooder thanks fort he link to the chart . I have been going over it for sometime the last couple weeks . Perhaps I am reading it wrong then. So as I understand is you don't want within the same "complex box" and per " row " is this correct or am I reading it all wrong ?

Let me know
 
So as I understand is you don't want within the same "complex box"
Correct.
and per " row "
No; rows are unimportant. Each complex box is color-coded; that's the other important part. Avoid the complexes in or towards red if you want multiple Cirrhilabrus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new