Luck be a Lady

As promised. Sorry no filter I’ve gotta clean the lenses.

I am not sure if I should dose today or tomorrow on the chemiclean.

If I do it tomorrow, my next waterchange will be Tuesday. If today, Monday. Noirs Ed will be throughout it the day on Mondays/Wednesday/Friday so prob will wait to do so tomorrow.

I need to think on some artwork. I had the perfect idea in my head the other night but was too sleepy to write it down. Now it’s gone lol.
IMG_7178.jpeg
IMG_7179.jpeg


IMG_7180.jpeg
Looking beautiful Bev!
 
I know I promised to be more active and I’m so sorry that I haven’t been here.

This month has been hard. Judy passed away on the 10th, which was also our anniversary. The hospice came out on the 9th and said that she would be in better care at the hospice house. I was having to crush her medicine and syringe it every four hours and it was exhausting. I would do it still if she needed me to.

I honestly think they wanted her to move there so she could pass not at home, and save us that torment. She had been incoherent for some time, with few moments of clarity here and there. We asked her if it was ok for her to go there and she shook her head. E told her the ambulance was there to take her she was trying to get up to go, which was so like her. It was within hours that she started to go downhill. Melody has been less whiny since she passed. I’m confident she knows.

My husband also started his new job, which is second shift. That has been taking some time to get used to for me, as I am still very used to waking up at almost four am.

since he’s making more money than his previous job, e are able to finally catch up on things.


So, onto the reef. I discovered this… thing in the tank. Someone said rock flower. Someone said another type of nem close to a rock flower. But to me, it doesn’t seem to have the same structure as either.
IMG_7525.jpeg
IMG_7529.jpeg

Not great photos. First was right when I shone the flashlight. Second is after a few mins. It’s an alien I guess.

Here’s a recent ish FTS. I don’t have the filter on.
IMG_7385.jpeg

The bubble tips are shrinking and closing. And still quite bleached. My rock flowers have swollen mouths. I’ve read that’s from stress. Not all of them do though.


Also, meet Opalio! My newest betta. He’s a color study for my next painting. Which I have to redo my studio as I have too much stuff all over.
IMG_7510.jpeg


And finally, just an adorable photo of the newest grand, Titus! ❤️
IMG_7453.jpeg
 
Oh, I’m sorry sorry about Judy Bev, it sounds like you made her last days more comfortable. Beautiful betta, can’t wait to see it on canvas. Your tank looks great and Titus is a doll!
 
Oh, I’m sorry sorry about Judy Bev, it sounds like you made her last days more comfortable. Beautiful betta, can’t wait to see it on canvas. Your tank looks great and Titus is a doll!
Thank you :)

I was a responsible adult today. I took a massive amount of algae in to the local shop and got some trade credit. I grabbed the Quantum easy E and easy Z for the reef. Shall see if it helps. I really liked how AFR did. This is two bottles as opposed to one though.

Also got some eco complete for the 20 gallon. I’ll have to trade that out later. Now, I can set the 20 long up on a stand I recently got or trade the sand out of the standard. I’m not sure yet. Gotta get two sofas out of the house and go from there.

And I found two dog beds at Sam’s today. When we move into the other bedroom they will go. In there, River is getting a bit “leaky” and we kinda don’t want that on our bed. Plus I’m scared she will fall off.

Pics of the new bed with Mel and a little preview of the shiny betta painting.
IMG_7534.jpeg
IMG_7540.jpeg
 
Thank you :)

I was a responsible adult today. I took a massive amount of algae in to the local shop and got some trade credit. I grabbed the Quantum easy E and easy Z for the reef. Shall see if it helps. I really liked how AFR did. This is two bottles as opposed to one though.

Also got some eco complete for the 20 gallon. I’ll have to trade that out later. Now, I can set the 20 long up on a stand I recently got or trade the sand out of the standard. I’m not sure yet. Gotta get two sofas out of the house and go from there.

And I found two dog beds at Sam’s today. When we move into the other bedroom they will go. In there, River is getting a bit “leaky” and we kinda don’t want that on our bed. Plus I’m scared she will fall off.

Pics of the new bed with Mel and a little preview of the shiny betta painting.
IMG_7534.jpeg
IMG_7540.jpeg
Very productive day Bev!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new