Luck be a Lady

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at those AI prime lights. I think I’m going to try and save up for one.

Their customer service is 2nd to none. Not just my experience. I've never heard a bad thing about them. And I lurk on over 100 builds with them in it. Failures, hiccups, always swapped for a new one with little or no questions asked.
5 stars all day.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping my little zoas will be ok for the time being without. I have two pieces I’m finishing and then I can post for another commission.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really looking forward to seeing what you do with the space in the new tank.

Any livestock plan yet?
Well, my clowns will go in as well as my little lawnmower Blenny and pistol shrimp. Any suggestions?

Like your aquascape. It will be fun to follow this build. Is that a puffer as your avatar? Would love to see more pics of it.:)
Thank you :) nah that’s my best boy, my betta pallifina!
8D3EE3EA-2C30-4B3F-A797-40ED0FF52085.jpeg
1C9A61C8-58D3-45F8-B1D2-D7CFFF7A0F21.jpeg

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On today’s agenda of prepping for the WB, I am filling my water jugs. No idea when the tank will ship since Dorian has things at a standstill, so not adding salt just yet. I have 16 jugs, and once shipping is confirmed I’ll be using my five gallon buckets to mix the salt, and fill my jugs again.

While I wait, I am still pondering placement which depends on a few factors. Both have positives and negatives. I’ll post, starting with the living room.
937006C2-4088-4F5D-9EDA-5512EF33592D.jpeg

As you can see it is close to a window so that’s a big negative. However the floor is nice and solid and you can see this is where I fill my jugs. I’d have to move the dog bed and the book shelf but that’s not a huge issue. The space is quite perfect other than that window. I could cover it. I could also rearrange the living room but seeing as the air conditioner is in the window beside this one, I can’t do that until the Temps drop for me. I had my 40 breeder in front of this window, the back was black and had zero issues with excess algae. It can be done.

Second is my studio/office.
11ACE2C5-6E80-4908-9C7B-843C68E1EFB4.jpeg

As you can see, this is where I keep my 29, and it’s where the 60 sat. My girls are also in here and this is my preferred hang out (note my little sit stool to watch :). It’s also a cluttered mess so ignore that lol. The only issue I have is the floor. In front of that dog crate there is a separation, and like other parts of the floor it won’t be long before it gives. This... makes me nervous. Will it fail? Quite possibly. Plus it’s ugly lol. You can clearly see the “tiles” coming up. I want the tank in here. But getting a sub floor to lay is... not easy with my husbands back.

So there is where my head sits today. It’s times like this I want to go ask dad what he thinks, and tell him how I had won the tank I’ve dreamt of owning for some time. How I would snap photos of everything for him so he could see, since he was bed ridden there at the end. I want to see his smile and eyes light up as I tell him the corals he bought me are thriving, how the clownfishes are playing in the flow.

I’m sure he knows though.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On today’s agenda of prepping for the WB, I am filling my water jugs. No idea when the tank will ship since Dorian has things at a standstill, so not adding salt just yet. I have 16 jugs, and once shipping is confirmed I’ll be using my five gallon buckets to mix the salt, and fill my jugs again.

While I wait, I am still pondering placement which depends on a few factors. Both have positives and negatives. I’ll post, starting with the living room.
937006C2-4088-4F5D-9EDA-5512EF33592D.jpeg

As you can see it is close to a window so that’s a big negative. However the floor is nice and solid and you can see this is where I fill my jugs. I’d have to move the dog bed and the book shelf but that’s not a huge issue. The space is quite perfect other than that window. I could cover it. I could also rearrange the living room but seeing as the air conditioner is in the window beside this one, I can’t do that until the Temps drop for me. I had my 40 breeder in front of this window, the back was black and had zero issues with excess algae. It can be done.

Second is my studio/office.
11ACE2C5-6E80-4908-9C7B-843C68E1EFB4.jpeg

As you can see, this is where I keep my 29, and it’s where the 60 sat. My girls are also in here and this is my preferred hang out (note my little sit stool to watch :). It’s also a cluttered mess so ignore that lol. The only issue I have is the floor. In front of that dog crate there is a separation, and like other parts of the floor it won’t be long before it gives. This... makes me nervous. Will it fail? Quite possibly. Plus it’s ugly lol. You can clearly see the “tiles” coming up. I want the tank in here. But getting a sub floor to lay is... not easy with my husbands back.

So there is where my head sits today. It’s times like this I want to go ask dad what he thinks, and tell him how I had won the tank I’ve dreamt of owning for some time. How I would snap photos of everything for him so he could see, since he was bed ridden there at the end. I want to see his smile and eyes light up as I tell him the corals he bought me are thriving, how the clownfishes are playing in the flow.

I’m sure he knows though.

Very warming to hear about things like this. Proud moments with our family are precious and soothing. Nothing quite feels as good. We will try to help carry that feeling along with you as it all unfolds.

As for tank placement... and logistics, u need a Caveman for the job. He is a pro at this type of stuff.

@NY_Caveman /me throws bone

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the living room is a solid spot, ready to go. The window would not concern me that much.

Then restart the 29 gallon as a new office tank. Perhaps something interesting you would not put in a reef, perhaps, like a Mantis Shrimp or Decorator Crab. Sponge and shrimp tank? Something really enjoyable without fancy equipment and maintenance.

PS. Nice Tardis.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the living room is a solid spot, ready to go. The window would not concern me that much.

Then restart the 29 gallon as a new office tank. Perhaps something interesting you would not put in a reef, perhaps, like a Mantis Shrimp or Decorator Crab. Sponge and shrimp tank? Something really enjoyable without fancy equipment and maintenance.

PS. Nice Tardis.
Awesome! Living room it is!

I’ve thought of restarting the 29 later as well. I’ve always wanted a mantis...

Love the Tardis. I have a miniature keepsake but it’s got metal so can’t put it in any tank. It broke my heart.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting for word from @Waterbox Aquariums about confirmation in the setup. In the mean time, I did get the space cleared of the bookshelf and all that stuff. I will be getting a better power surge, and placing it in the vicinity of where the tank will sit.

I had a chance to get an AI Hydra 26, an older model for $50.00. However, I’m reluctant because it was modded, and the light itself isn’t together anymore. My husband is also reluctant about it, due to safety.

Still sitting on the other objects, waiting to sell. Once they do I will purchase a screen kit, a light, more sand, power strip and a new test kit.

Don’t think I’m forgetting anything.

Here is where the tank will sit, my view in the living room :)
F6B5B8DD-B899-4A10-B315-CB7BDC6F5BD2.jpeg

Back