• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Lumini new lights--150w Pixie 150 & 120w Asta 120

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This product isn't supposed to be Beta, no?

Not working and random wires sticking out

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Paid the discount rate for point of sale
Hello Harry, that's 2.4G signal wire, we make it stick out for steadier signal receival. It's beta version, later we'll shorten ththis signal wire. and may I ask why you say it's not working right? I guess you may not fully understand how to install it with controller?

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please allow me to clarify, beta version doesn't mean not good. We have improved this light for many times, it's a beta light for us every time we upgraded it.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Harry, that's 2.4G signal wire, we make it stick out for steadier signal receival. It's beta version, later we'll shorten ththis signal wire. and may I ask why you say it's not working right? I guess you may not fully understand how to install it with controller?

I understand how it should work. One of the dials turns and the other doesn't, no light either way. The two mounting screws? One doesn't fit.

By the way everyone; they are using a strip LED rather than the ones advertised. @revhtree please look into this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they responded?

They say here it's beta? That the wire sticking out is for signal. Doesn't explain why no light, not Cree LEDs (STRIP!), 1/2 mounting screws don't fit, zero instructions for manual use and an almost intelligible instruction for wifi, and why the fan is on but light does not work.

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi Harry, we never stated we use cree leds, we use bridgelux, Epistar, Semileds. http://www.luminiaqua.com/lumini-asta-120/lumini-asta-120-tech/

Right. I've used kessil. I've used Kelo. None of them have strip lights. Upon more inspection it appears you have covered the LEDs in clear and yellow silicon, why is this?

As of now the issue is that 1/2 dials do not turn (one does and the other just moves barely 90*) 1/2 mounting screws do not fit, and there is no light. Fan is running so I know it should be on.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to discuss this further with Lumini, but as of now the light does not function, mounting bracket's screw does not fit, no instructions for assembly and manual use, and incomplete instructions for the wifi controller. Non-functional upon delivery. I will update later with more information but as of now i would strongly recommend to hold off.

-TheHarold

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. I've used kessil. I've used Kelo. None of them have strip lights. Upon more inspection it appears you have covered the LEDs in clear and yellow silicon, why is this?

As of now the issue is that 1/2 dials do not turn (one does and the other just moves barely 90*) 1/2 mounting screws do not fit, and there is no light. Fan is running so I know it should be on.
those clear chips are signal color leds, red, blue, green etc; chips with yellow silicon is cold white leds, this is new technology.
our COB cluster is defferent from both Kessil and Kelo, this design makes more uniform color, and color tempture. that's also why we say our emitting color is better.

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say here it's beta? That the wire sticking out is for signal. Doesn't explain why no light, not Cree LEDs (STRIP!), 1/2 mounting screws don't fit, zero instructions for manual use and an almost intelligible instruction for wifi, and why the fan is on but light does not work.
The dial may be pressed down during shipping, please pull it a bit out to loose it.
Regarding mounting screw, because it's plastic screw, so may have impurity, if we use iron screw then doesn't have this problem, but may damage your tank. you may need to push hard to install the screw.
we'll need to check all the screws before delivery, thank you for feedback

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dial may be pressed down during shipping, please pull it a bit out to loose it.
Regarding mounting screw, because it's plastic screw, so may have impurity, if we use iron screw then doesn't have this problem, but may damage your tank. you may need to push hard to install the screw.
we'll need to check all the screws before delivery, thank you for feedback

The light doesn't work. Just fans buzzing (louder than Kessil or Kelo btw).

I cannot provide a review of the Asta because there is no light. As in no illumination. Nothing to grow corals?

Me giving you an in depth review relied on that you would send me a functioning light. Even at the discounted rate the Asta has to provide light! This is DOA; dead on arrival. Does not work. Is there no quality control or testing before shipping?

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there's 2 ways to check if it's a functional light.
1. please switch the intensity dials to the maximum, then switch the other dial from ch 1 to ch 4, then see if the light on. don't put the dial to stay in wifi channels.
2. please unplug the wifi controller box, then switch the dial to wifi channel, and see if the light on.
could u pls take a pic of the 2 dials? thanks

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light doesn't work. Just fans buzzing (louder than Kessil or Kelo btw).

I cannot provide a review of the Asta because there is no light. As in no illumination. Nothing to grow corals?

Me giving you an in depth review relied on that you would send me a functioning light. Even at the discounted rate the Asta has to provide light! This is DOA; dead on arrival. Does not work. Is there no quality control or testing before shipping?
there's 2 ways to check if it's a functional light.
1. please switch the intensity dials to the maximum, then switch the other dial from ch 1 to ch 4, then see if the light on. don't put the dial to stay in wifi channels.
2. please unplug the wifi controller box, then switch the dial to wifi channel, and see if the light on.
could u pls take a pic of the 2 dials? thanks

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intensity is between 50% and max. The dial will not turn to less than 50%. The other dial has been on channel 1.2.3.4 and I also tried wifi. The light WANTS to be on- I can hear the fan quite a bit, but there is no light from LEDs.

Right now I am taking the family for ice cream, but when I return in an hour I can get more photos for you.

Lumini Aqua System

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dial may be pressed down during shipping, too tight, so please pull it a bit out to loose it.
And it's normal for the fan to stay on with a low speed when light is off, we use PWM tech for better heat dissipation.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dial may be pressed down during shipping, too tight, so please pull it a bit out to loose it.
And it's normal for the fan to stay on with a low speed when light is off, we use PWM tech for better heat dissipation.

Dial is movable now but still like almost stuck. I hear fan but still no light. Lumini do you think you could have sent a "dead" one by mistake?

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power is on since I can hear the fan. Intensity at 50%, and dial is set to a channel. Even not using wifi it doesn't work?

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Harry, please switch the dial to ch3, and see if the ligh on, if possible, pls shoot a video for us, thank you!

It is 11:55pm here and I have to go to bed. I will get a video for you tomorrow. The light does not work, Lumini.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.9%
Back