Luxdium Replacement LED Pucks for AI Prime & Hydra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so tired of having to replace the lenses on every Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD every 8-12 months. It is a shame. It is not water, nor salt creep, dirt, etc... It happens even using the lights at 80% peek. Always on the UV and Violet diodes.

Having said that, it would be a hit selling upgrade lenses that do not suffer from this issue. Perhaps made of a higher quality plastic, wider opening on every LED, or perhaps (not sure, just thinking out loud from my ignorance) made of pyrex glass. It is not only having to replace them, I assume that the amount of light that passes thru the lens will degrade gradually as they start to melt... so it is not just having to replace them, it is having degraded UV and violet for months.

1694375769635.png

@luxdium also has replacement lenses in the works. ;)

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so tired of having to replace the lenses on every Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD every 8-12 months. It is a shame. It is not water, nor salt creep, dirt, etc... It happens even using the lights at 80% peek. Always on the UV and Violet diodes.

Having said that, it would be a hit selling upgrade lenses that do not suffer from this issue. Perhaps made of a higher quality plastic, wider opening on every LED, or perhaps (not sure, just thinking out loud from my ignorance) made of pyrex glass. It is not only having to replace them, I assume that the amount of light that passes thru the lens will degrade gradually as they start to melt... so it is not just having to replace them, it is having degraded UV and violet for months.

Life in plastic, it's [not] fantastic. Definitely not something we're gonna repeat with ours.

69cam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics of yellow tangs or any yellow under your blue pucks?

Thanks

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm interested as well for my 52s and 26. It would be nice if someone sold drivers as these seem to be the major contributor to faults. I wonder if AI will sell a driver. I got lucky last time and got free service on a new to me 26. My 52 went out today and I am assuming that it's the driver.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last I talked to Tim, he was doing some prototyping and testing.

The new lenses aren't glass, BTW.

Like all things Luxdium, I expect that the lenses are going to improve on the factory lenses in more than just the material, though. ;)

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like all things Luxdium, I expect that the lenses are going to improve on the factory lenses in more than just the material, though. ;)
I was wrongly assuming they were going to be glass. I hope they are a much better plastic and design that greatly reduces or completely eliminates the recurring melting problem. Any way to participate in the testing phase or getting them early?

behold81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an update on these lenses? when they might be available. I need 8 of them. I would be massively interested in a differing angle that would suit closer mounting of the hydra to the surface too. Very keen. would be very interested in the pucks too if the lenses are allowing closer mounting.

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I got reccomended these by another fellow reefer as I have been having problems with my AI Prime 16 HD lenses melting. @luxdium did you end up making lenses for the AI Prime 16 HD yet??

archimail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss the deep blues in the Saxby settings on my Hydra 26 HD. If you compare the Saxby settings on the original Ai LEDs to the Lux Engine gold LEDs, which ones have more blue?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss the deep blues in the Saxby settings on my Hydra 26 HD. If you compare the Saxby settings on the original Ai LEDs to the Lux Engine gold LEDs, which ones have more blue?

I mean, the Lux pucks replace the stock red and green diodes with more blue, so by default they "have more blue".

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back