Lyretail and Bimac

Bacon and Eggs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Messages
135
Reaction score
80
Location
St Augustine
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of adding some Fiji lyretail anthias to my existing trio of bimac anthias (1 male, 2 females).

Currently I have 3 female lyretails in QT. I have tried shipping 2 of the deep red Fiji males already with the idea of adding the new ones all at once; however, both males have not survived shipping. I might look into finding one at my lfs, but…

What are the chances 1 that of my female lyretails will transition into a male? Specifically, will the presence of the Bimac male inhibit the transition that would normally occur?
 
Last edited:
I’m in the process of adding some Fiji lyretail anthias to my existing trio of bimac anthias (1 male, 2 females).

Currently I have 3 female lyretails in QT. I have tried shipping 2 of the deep red Fiji males already with the idea of adding the new ones all at once; however, both males have not survived shipping. I might look into finding one at my lfs, but…

What are the chances 1 that of my female lyretails will transition into a male? Specifically, will the presence of the Bimac male inhibit the transition that would normally occur?
It possibly could keep one from turning male but Im not sure as Ive never kept any anthias other than lyertails
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new