Lyretail anthias eating

Freddy0144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what I picked up today! I’m excited to try it! :D
image.jpg

I word of advice, I use RODI tubing to float in the tank, like a feeding circle. Otherwise this stuff will float away down the overflow and a little goes a long way.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I word of advice, I use RODI tubing to float in the tank, like a feeding circle. Otherwise this stuff will float away down the overflow and a little goes a long way.
Do you have a picture of this creation? :)

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a magnetic feeding ring that I have positioned under my smart pellet feeder.
Most of them are round, but I found a magnetic one that was square shaped, so it fits/floats nicely in the corner of my tank.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking forward to it
Update: fed the TDO Chroma Boost for the first time and it looks like the anthias and the rest of my fish consumed them! I’m pretty surprised since I’ve had terrible luck with previous fish in the past, mainly with NLS and Ocean Nutrition pellets, but TDO seems to be very good! I didn’t need to starve any of the fish lol.

I think I’m a fan!

DC0B6EF4-8BD6-4DEC-BF17-F4929D933E43.jpeg

OP
OP
In the sticks

In the sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: fed the TDO Chroma Boost for the first time and it looks like the anthias and the rest of my fish consumed them! I’m pretty surprised since I’ve had terrible luck with previous fish in the past, mainly with NLS and Ocean Nutrition pellets, but TDO seems to be very good! I didn’t need to starve any of the fish lol.

I think I’m a fan!

Awesome I think I will order some and give it a shot

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just put two lyretail anthias in my tank for the most part I auto feed pellets. For the easy way to go about keeping the fish happy. I thought the anthias would join with all the other fish. But they won’t eat pellets. Just frozen food. Not sure if I have the time to keep up with there needs? I just started a monthly subscription of pods from algae barn. Will this be enough to keep them happy? And will they learn to accept pellets over time?
Mne much prefer mixed frozen foods such as LRS, RODs and Hikari brand

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are fed 1 (weekends sometimes) to 3 times a day (my tank is at work). They enjoy frozen, but keep feeding both (mine eat frozen, flake, and small pellets). When fully acclimated and doing well they will eat anything you put in the tank with gusto (minus nori).

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think I’m a fan!

96"! I was wondering why those fish looked small:)

OP
OP
In the sticks

In the sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one of my anthias started destroying pellets and the other still hasn’t eaten. The one that was eating I found dead this morning and the other is hiding in rocks and still not eating. Not sure what is going on. All my parameters are good in tank.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four anthias (2x lyretail, 2x marcia's) and they get fed 2x frozen and 4x pellet daily. They do eat the pellets, but I have a mix of NFS Marine, NFS Algae and Nyos Sweet Aloe/Gogi/True Algae.

OP
OP
In the sticks

In the sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any signs of agression or disease?
Only aggression is my clownfish bullies everyone in the tank. The one that died today was out swimming and eating a ton yesterday. And the other one has just been hiding in rocks I hope a haven’t spread some crazy disease thru the tank

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only aggression is my clownfish bullies everyone in the tank. The one that died today was out swimming and eating a ton yesterday. And the other one has just been hiding in rocks I hope a haven’t spread some crazy disease thru the tank
How long have you had them? We're these pre-quarantined?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back