Maaike's Reef

maaikejongens1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Maaike from Holland. After reading a lot, now it's time for my first post.
I have started my tank a year ago. I have chosen the Legato 175. It's a small tank, but for me a nice size to start with.
I've got a nyos skimmer, DC runner from Aqua Medic and streaming from Tunze. And I've got a giesemann 4 t5 24watt light.
The idea was to start with easy corals like a mushroom and lps. Soon there was my first sps, and the second and...
Now a year later my tank is full of little corals. I try my best to let them grow.
20190906_170231.jpg
20190820_205728.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow!!! Beautiful tank - thanks for sharing! Any lessons that you have learned along the way that you would be willing to pass along?

OP
OP
maaikejongens1

maaikejongens1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!! Beautiful tank - thanks for sharing! Any lessons that you have learned along the way that you would be willing to pass along?

Thanks! The most difficult lesson for me is being patient. A view times I acted to soon and that was never good. The result was cyano, because I overdosed nitrate. I learned a lot from it. I now know what to do, but it took a few months. And most of the time it's better to wait and see and think things through. Now I read a lot, because I want to understand my tank and everything in it. I love it how much information I can find here on this forum.

OP
OP
maaikejongens1

maaikejongens1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last Friday I received mij CO2 scrubber. The dosage of kh was very small every day. But after the CO2 scrubber the ph went up to 8.42. And does not go under 8.29. The triton dosage multiplied. I am amazed. The corals look happy and finaly they grow. The high peaks and falls are from testing the values.
Screenshot_20190910-185853.png
20190908_201804.jpg

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I considered a scrubber, but ended up just running a tube outside. I found that any time I opened a window in my office, the pH went up, so that seemed like a quick solution. Likely not as high as with a scrubber, but still above 8 most of the time...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back