OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in how the bio pellet reactor works out for you. Been using Julian's phosband 150 reactor when needed and it's a pain to use at times.
It definitely works I've got bio pellets in a D &D reactor at the moment but I cant put a lot in or it won't tumble well ...and that's the key gotta blast them nitrates away ..plus the out hose needs too go straight into the skimmer or as near as possible to skim them away ..otherwise it just comes back into the tank and you get a sort of slime layer on the sand ...
I'm still dosing carbon ez from DSR too ...
I've bought this new reactor because it will beter fluidize the pellets ....but it doesn't really fit in my sump with my skimmer..:mad::mad::mad:...
Which is now my next project ....a new bigger stand ..and bigger sump ...:oops::oops: ...
Next week I will order stainless steel for it ..

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best biopellet reactor I ever had was made by CRAS. I believe this company does not longer exist at this moment.
It had an own powerful pump, was perfectly adjustable with several valve to have just the right amount of flow for the quantity of pellets you wanted to have in there.

Here some pictures before I started the tank.
In the end never used really used the reactor as the tank ran in nitrate balance from the beginning.
The reactor I still have... future upgrades... :cool:
20170501_221322_resized.jpg

20170501_221325_resized.jpg

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best biopellet reactor I ever had was made by CRAS. I believe this company does not longer exist at this moment.
It had an own powerful pump, was perfectly adjustable with several valve to have just the right amount of flow for the quantity of pellets you wanted to have in there.

Here some pictures before I started the tank.
In the end never used really used the reactor as the tank ran in nitrate balance from the beginning.
The reactor I still have... future upgrades... :cool:
20170501_221322_resized.jpg

20170501_221325_resized.jpg
That sump looks like its bigger than my DT:confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in how the bio pellet reactor works out for you. Been using Julian's phosband 150 reactor when needed and it's a pain to use at times.
Hey Don ....I'm pleased too announce that for the first time in over 1.5 years my nitrates tested at 20-25 ppm today.....I hope now I can start too get things dialled in ...hope it stays this low now

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Don ....I'm pleased too announce that for the first time in over 1.5 years my nitrates tested at 20-25 ppm today.....I hope now I can start too get things dialled in ...hope it stays this low now

That's cool Jason!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Qt tank set up ....couple clowns in already...fresh water dip also done on them ..everyone doing well ...except my girlfriend who is in shock from it ...

If she is in shock there must have been something wrong with the presentation.
First impression is everything!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back