OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys ...thanks for the consern ... been really busy with life at the mo .....girlfriend broke her ankle few weeks ago which she then needed an operation for ....then she takes ill again with gal stones/ gal blas infection which after being back in hospital a few times past week and they finally admitted her last night at 03.00....so been running too and from hospital a lot lately...
As for the tank...its still going strong ...and no more dinos ....I've added 2 clown fish and a cleaner wrasse ...added a jump guard from D&D ....and just picked up a new vertex 180i skimmer ...and if I can find out how too load photos again on this new R2R I will

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New skimmer ...new cleaner wrasse ....and the tank as is now ...
20190728_205619.jpeg
20190705_123536.jpeg
20190617_191240.jpeg

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys ...thanks for the consern ... been really busy with life at the mo .....girlfriend broke her ankle few weeks ago which she then needed an operation for ....then she takes ill again with gal stones/ gal blas infection which after being back in hospital a few times past week and they finally admitted her last night at 03.00....so been running too and from hospital a lot lately...
As for the tank...its still going strong ...and no more dinos ....I've added 2 clown fish and a cleaner wrasse ...added a jump guard from D&D ....and just picked up a new vertex 180i skimmer ...and if I can find out how too load photos again on this new R2R I will
Glad to hear you’re doing well! The tank is looking fantastic :)

Hopefully your girlfriend will have a quick recovery.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mack,
Thank God your alright!!

Your reef looks great and love your new Vertex skimmer too.

Do you know how long your gal will be in the hospital?
Thanks Freddy ....I'm doing ok ..hope they operate on my girlfriend soon ...but I guess there is a waiting list ....in the meantime they must first get the infection under control ...antibiotics via infuse now ...her ankle is nearly healed now another week or so and she should start learning too walk again ...I hope ...rough time ...with little or no time too spare for anything..now shes in hospital for a few days I have a little more time for myself again ..although I have put 3 fish through my new qt ...and all are in the dt without problems....clown fish went straight in the anemone after I dropped them in one ..tank is just ticking over at the mo...got the kessils on 40 %colour and 70% intensity..so far ...ramping intensity up slowly a little more...feeding lots of phytoplankton and copepods still as well ...but no sign of dinos in a while now ..UV is back in the sump .no3 is hanging around 25ppm so that's good news ...just got too make that 180i fit in my sump now ..probably have too remove one of the baffles....and still haven't got my stand made yet ......

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended just pulling the first bubble trap out where my overflow empties into ...so now it's a 2 compartment sump ....bio pellet reactor is in but not connected ....dont know where I'm putting my rowaphos reactor yet ....had a leak on my bulk head ...had too pull my chiller too get too it ...took me ages to fix it, water everywhere ....but it's fixed for now....so new skimmer is in and breaking in now ....what a day ....I'm knackered ....
Girlfriend is back home again ....now wait for 6 weeks for operation ...
IMG_20190729_185611_645.jpeg
20190729_184627.jpeg
IMG-20190729-WA0010.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-20190729-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20190729-WA0010.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be too, but it looks good.

Your Vertex seems close to making skimmate... :)
They say 2 weeks break in time .. I ran it for 30 mins in some rodi water before putting it in the sump ...fixed my jump guard with the cut outs fof the lamps too so no jumping fish...and because I emptied my overflow I cleaned all the aptasia out as well so that was also a plus ...
Has anybody seen this yet ...its a phosphate remover like rowaphos but it wont go down below 0.04.... I have a friend who's trying it out now ...so far do good ...according too the test results from his reefbot from reef kinetics it dropped too 0.04 and has stayed there ....
20190728_183015.jpeg

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New skimmer is great ..already pulled a nice skimcup out this week ...very impressed with the vertex 180i so far....and whisper quiet too...I never put my rowaphos reactor back on last week I was going too do it today but after I tested my phos today with hanna Ulr ...I was quiet amazed it's gone down ....and I've been feeding heavily this week because of the cleaner wrasse I added ...so now just running skimmer and biopellets for a while see how it goes ...tank is looking good ..
Screenshot_20190805-161520_Aquarium%20Note.jpeg
IMG_20190805_171603_306.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 97 80.8%
  • Other.

Back