MACNA VS REEF-A-PALOOZA

MT. Reefer

Mt.Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to decide which of these events to go to. Both are quite far to travel so where they are located is not the issue. I have read about both and have seen some Video's as well but would love to hear from actual attendees. I am probably about an intermediate Reefer and not looking to get too techy into it. I like to keep things simple and just doing it for the fun of it...although it's not always fun. I would be interested in hearing some of the speakers but again, as long as it's not too techy. Is this a Superman VS Batman decision or is it a Superman VS Sponge Bob decision???

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only been to the Orlando RAPs. MACNA had more makers showing off gear. Both had lots of nice corals. If I only wanted corals, I'd prob just go to a RAP.

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to decide which of these events to go to. Both are quite far to travel so where they are located is not the issue. I have read about both and have seen some Video's as well but would love to hear from actual attendees. I am probably about an intermediate Reefer and not looking to get too techy into it. I like to keep things simple and just doing it for the fun of it...although it's not always fun. I would be interested in hearing some of the speakers but again, as long as it's not too techy. Is this a Superman VS Batman decision or is it a Superman VS Sponge Bob decision???
Honestly, they're two different animals. Try to make plans for each of them (at least down the road). Make it a family vacation. Here's my comparisons if I must.

RAP - I've only been to the Orlando show. All of them since its inception. If you like coral, it's a must! There's still a fair mix of other non-coral vendors (hardware, tanks, foods, etc). Some nice displays to look at. I'd would still attend even if I wasn't an hr away. Plus they moved the show closer to the theme parks so it's easier to make it a family vacation. R2R is always there which is cool too!
MACNA - Been going the last 5 years. Got hooked at the Hollywood/Miami show. Wish I attended one sooner b/c simply it's a reefer's paradise for a whole weekend (3 days night/day non stop; Don't expect to sleep). Even though admission is pricier than RAP, I find it being a slightly better bargain when you get the full pass. Still lots of coral & non-coral vendors. Since it's in a different city each year, they each offer their own flavor.

Hope that helps.

MACNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apples to Apples as well; if you are only interested in MACNA for the same stuff as RAP, the floor only passes are only $20 a day (Same as RAP). So there you go ;)

Seems like so many people miss we have daily passes available if you don't want to spring for staying/paying for all three days! Daily passes including speakers are only $35 per day as well, or $90 for the whole weekend (the big price is for attending the banquet and reception, food costs $$ !)

Happy Reef Keeping!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back