Macro algae Help Identifying!

ScootScoot

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
93
Location
Buffalo
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics attached .. I think it might be a mermaids cup ... but I’m not sure , there’s a lot of different species of macro algae so it is hard to identify but would love the R2R help on this one ! Thanks in advance Description : small water lily type pads growing off live rock in algae .
1C1AFC8F-68FD-4BFF-9A82-18ADACC816D2.jpeg
7783E2A8-39B8-40BC-8DD5-45C34DECE72E.jpeg
9A1845C7-0F20-4572-86DE-171CE1EEE1CA.jpeg
 
Looks like racemoss (member of paltata) which is good for nitrate
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new