Macro algae ?

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotten rid of this coral recently but it had this green leaf growing off it and got huge after while then I finally trimmed it off. But little pieces have been showing up on my rock work. Any idea what I’m dealing with ?? It’s not doing anything bad to my tank but I’m still fairly new not to know exactly what this is. Any info helps thanks !

E1CA0E3D-48AA-446C-A85F-94B20844BE56.jpeg 318A9104-F4E6-47D9-AC9B-8A4EA60BFEE8.jpeg F8C5B913-644E-4CB0-9411-B45E6BE3BF14.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotten rid of this coral recently but it had this green leaf growing off it and got huge after while then I finally trimmed it off. But little pieces have been showing up on my rock work. Any idea what I’m dealing with ?? It’s not doing anything bad to my tank but I’m still fairly new not to know exactly what this is. Any info helps thanks !

E1CA0E3D-48AA-446C-A85F-94B20844BE56.jpeg 318A9104-F4E6-47D9-AC9B-8A4EA60BFEE8.jpeg F8C5B913-644E-4CB0-9411-B45E6BE3BF14.jpeg

I have tangs that eat it. They weren't super fond of sea lettuce at first (think of faces kids make eating salad when all they want to eat is chicken nuggets... swear my tangs were trying to make those same faces...lol) but eventually I kept clipping sea lettuce to their snack clips and they ate it. Your CUC should also take care of it. For me, it wasn't a super fast macroalgae grower, so when Vibrant wiped out my macroalgae types as well as nuisance algae types, I didn't replace any more (refugium red ogo fan, per my tangs)
Free nutrient reducer for your tank lol
Exactly !!!

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tangs that eat it. They weren't super fond of sea lettuce at first (think of faces kids make eating salad when all they want to eat is chicken nuggets... swear my tangs were trying to make those same faces...lol) but eventually I kept clipping sea lettuce to their snack clips and they ate it. Your CUC should also take care of it. For me, it wasn't a super fast macroalgae grower, so when Vibrant wiped out my macroalgae types as well as nuisance algae types, I didn't replace any more (refugium red ogo fan, per my tangs)

Exactly !!!
To be quiet honest. I do simple water changes dose red sea a+b & sechem trace elements. And feed brine shrimp about once a week to the tank. This stuff grew FAST

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From what I’ve researched that’s what I’ve heard. But with what coral I have In there I probably want to minimize the seaweed and let my soft corals and euphilias have those l nutrients ?
IF you don't have fish to eat it you could also get a small clean up crew to keep it at bay so the nutrients could be more consumed by your corals

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back