• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Macro Algae

Item Price
$10-20
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available
OP
OP
F

fridmani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Do you have snails and hermit crabs? If not, I would get a bunch of trochus snails and some scarlet hermits and some tiger conches for the sand. Urchin is also good. Just sounds like you need to modify your feeding practice and get a clean up crew going. The algae will also help.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tons of those tiny little snails that come out at night, I have a few Emerald crabs, and least one of these. I will be down to an area that has lots of good aquarium stores so maybe I can get a clean up crew there. I have a Blood Red Shrimp, One clown, one Pajama Cardinaifish and a purple fish, sorry I cannot spell it, it has black eye liner.
20230307_222939.jpg

OP
OP
F

fridmani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hmm, Not sure what that is. I would suggest some tiger conches and banded trochus snails. Stay away from turbo snails. They get too big and will knock down things. You can a couple nassirus snails too, Don't get too many. One conch will do. Let me know if you can't find them. I have a bunch in my tank.

OP
OP
F

fridmani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Oh, now I remember. Yeah they are basically hitchikers. They do eat algae, but you need a beefer clean up crew. LOl.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took your advice and I added a clean up crew to my IM 25, I also added a external reactor with filter floss, I got the skimmer working again and the tank looks great, on the road to recovery.
Nitrate 12PPM
PO4 was 0.33 down from 0.51.

OP
OP
F

fridmani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I took your advice and I added a clean up crew to my IM 25, I also added a external reactor with filter floss, I got the skimmer working again and the tank looks great, on the road to recovery.
Nitrate 12PPM
PO4 was 0.33 down from 0.51.
Great. I'm it's working out. LMK if you want some macro to top it off. lol.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back