Macro coral landscapes? Having fun with my camera.

Reefer Dan

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2010
Messages
730
Reaction score
717
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spent a little bit of time with the camera and the tank today bored—not sure it was worth the time put into these shots and enduring, but I did want to share. Happy reefing! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

IMG_8377.jpeg IMG_8415.jpeg IMG_8394.jpeg IMG_8435.jpeg IMG_8379.jpeg IMG_8460.jpeg IMG_8376.jpeg IMG_8380.jpeg IMG_8385.jpeg IMG_8378.jpeg
 
Wow, those look absolutely fantastic!
You mind if i steal some of those for my laptop wallpaper?
What camera did you use and how did you get such clear photos?
Mine always end up blurred or otherwise unrecognizable. But i bet my camera is not as good as yours :)
 
Thanks for the bump. :D
Wow, those look absolutely fantastic!
You mind if i steal some of those for my laptop wallpaper?
What camera did you use and how did you get such clear photos?
Mine always end up blurred or otherwise unrecognizable. But i bet my camera is not as good as yours :)
Thank you. I’m using a canon R8 (I really want a R5mII, but I can’t justify the cost when I don’t make money from photography).—One secret to clear photos is cleaning the glass the night before, also turning off pumps to take pics (this is a big one).

I’d be honored if you used them for your computer wallpaper (fair warning the forum picture compression makes the pic less quality). This makes me feel like I’m improving my craft, so I appreciate that.
 
:face-with-monocle: Nerd tip: if you zoom in on the first pic (8377) you can see the metallic red zooxanthellae. It’s kinda cool/fun.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new