Macro Shot Monday

These are a couple from what I've taken recently. Both taken with a Nikon D810 and the Micro Nikkor 200 f/4. The shot of the zoas is actually a focus stacking. First time I tried it and it came out fairly well.
eagle eye zoas.jpg

lubbock1.jpg
 
Wont lie, while it's an awesome picture, I had to stare at it a bit before it finally hit me what it was lol. Beautiful picture and beautiful fish though :)
 
I'm late by a day, but I would like some constructive criticism wherever it is needed. I hope I get better at doing this one day.
_MG_9361.jpg
_MG_9339.jpg
_MG_9496.jpg
_MG_9488.jpg
_MG_9480.jpg

Also a question for Lightroom users: is there a way to "not process" the image after importing it into the library? I mean I know what it looked like when I took the pic/before getting imported, but while they're getting imported into the library, it appears that it gets processed (like WB and color gets somewhat altered). Thanks for any input!
 
These are a couple from what I've taken recently. Both taken with a Nikon D810 and the Micro Nikkor 200 f/4. The shot of the zoas is actually a focus stacking. First time I tried it and it came out fairly well.

@erk You and I have the same lens! I absolutely love mine. I'm shooting with a Nikon D610. You can find many of my macro shots in my build thread if you're interested.

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg
 
@erk You and I have the same lens! I absolutely love mine. I'm shooting with a Nikon D610. You can find many of my macro shots in my build thread if you're interested.

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

It is an awesome lens. Only thing I dislike is the M/A ring. It is very thin and cheap for what is otherwise a very well designed.
 
Happy Monday everyone!
In fact it's another #MacroMon
Lets see those macro shots ;)
 
Nikon D750, 105mm Macro lens
Neon Green Candi Cane
DSC-0364-sm2.jpg

Excellent shot! I love corals with translucent tentacles. They just add so much 3D perspective to a photo.

Can you tell me the f-stop and exposure time for this shot?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new