Macro Video Tips & Help - Aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter ContraDL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ContraDL

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Slovenia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am making videos of my aquascapes using Fuji XT-4 and XF 16-80 lens that came with the camera. I am an amateur photographer, but I am making a lot of research and am constantly trying to improve.

I want to shoot smaller fishes up-close and am making my strides towards macro videography. I am interested in your suggestions, specifically about following questions (base the answers for video, not photo):
- If you do film Macro in aquariums, is glass reflection an issue for you and how do you deal with it?
- I am looking at Fujifilm XF 80mm f/2.8 OIS Macro as my lens of choice, any experience with it?
- Right now, I was shooting on tripod, focusing on selected area and waiting for fish to arrive. Then trying to focus and that was it. I couldn't get too close to the subject due to the lens limitations on XF 16-80. Will my Macro lens improve that?
- What do you do about lighting? Do you add additional light on top of the aquarium when you shoot video? (Adding light towards aquarium is probably no-go, since reflection).
- What is the aperture you are using when filming fish, what is shutter speed? Do you get enough light with aquarium light and let's say f/8 and 120 ss?

Any other advice?
 
Show us what you are doing currently and let other people make suggestions.:cool:
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new