Macroalgae light recommendations!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right now I have a small red/blue light on my macroalgae tank that is advertised as full spectrum for plants. I was looking for a white plant light for my 5 gallon. I think that would be better especially since I’ll be able to see the true colors of all the macros. What do you use? Do you think a freshwater growth light would work…I think so?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good freshwater light is fine, I think that is what Tigahboy uses...... a saltwater light is fine as well, I grew macro easily under both a chinese led box, a kessil tuna, a nanobox, etc.

I am setting up my 25g and probably going macro's, going to use a kessil over it, you can control the spectrum and just turn it to whatever is most pleasing to your eye.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A good freshwater light is fine, I think that is what Tigahboy uses...... a saltwater light is fine as well, I grew macro easily under both a chinese led box, a kessil tuna, a nanobox, etc.

I am setting up my 25g and probably going macro's, going to use a kessil over it, you can control the spectrum and just turn it to whatever is most pleasing to your eye.
Okay thank you!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I forgot I had this little plant light! I am going to see how it does. And yes I need to clean the glass and add some more pods. And I exposed my poor sponge to air during a water change by accident. Fingers crossed it can recover I know it probably won’t though.
3776FF43-8318-4C51-9BB7-F1B9E0C9A735.jpeg

Back