Macroalgae Recomendations

Nrm

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon that I need to have a little more nutrient export. I don't want to buy a skimmer or HOB refugium right now because I wanted to try macroalgae in the display. What algae do you guys recommend or that you guys have had any luck with keeping alive and helping with nutrients? Thank you
 
Can you do something to waste less food in the tank so you can eliminate the "need" for algae too? For exmple, stop broadcast feeding, if you do....it wastes a lot. If you're feeding more than your fish can eat in about a minute, chances are the extra is getting down into the sand, rocks or filter...feed smaller quantities to prevent that.

Are you currently running the tank without filtration?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new