Macroalgae tank inverts…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
20,633
Reaction score
34,651
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I’ve been staring at my Macro Tank this last week and keep questioning what inverts to go for eventually. Currently I am done with coral and only want to add maybe 1-2 more bits of macro.
Here’s a couple photos of the system - as it holds macros I want to have a slightly higher bioload to keep the nutrients running. But rather than using fish (like I usually do) I figured to keep the fish stock lower with 4 low bioload species and just go for some inverts.
IMG_2668.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg


For an idea of size, it’s about 50 litres (13G) and 2’x1’x1’. And stocking in it currently is;

FISH…
2x Pink Streak Wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia)
1x Amikami Goby (Callogobius amikami)
1x Rainford’s Goby (Koumansetta rainfordi)

INVERTS…
1x Emerald Crab (Mithraculus sculptus)
1x Anemone Crab (Neopetrolisthes maculatus)
1x Pom Pom Crab (Lucia tessellata)
1x Strawberry Conch (Conomurex luhuanus)

MACROS…
Caulerpa lentillifera
Caulerpa sertularioides
Caulerpa prolifera
Halymenia maculata
Gracilaria hayi

CORALS…
Purple Monster Zoanthids
Everlasting Gob Stopper Zoanthids
3x Photosynthetic Gorgonians (unknown species)
1x Unknown Gorgonian (likely Photosynthetic)
Forest Fire Rhodactis Mushrooms
Hairy Rhodactis Mushroom
Striped Discosoma Mushroom
Green Star Polyp
Orange Clove Polyps
Jasmin Clove Polyps

So there’s a lot going on for coral and macros but not much for inverts. I also face hair algae but can live with it as long as the macro’s aren’t affected.
TIA 🙂
 
i definitely recommend trochus snails as they bother nothing and are excellent algae eaters, and also readily reproduce in healthy tanks.

Also skunk cleaner shrimp because they are full of personality and look lovely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new