Mad or Dying Anemones

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick background, I have had these RBTA in this aqurium for about 4 months now. Started with one and it splits about once every month or so. 3 days ago it split (to become 3). I currently works nights and obviously my pump decided to die sometime while I was at work (10pm-630am). Once I noticed that in the morning I threw in some airstones and ran to the LFS to pick a new pump. Luckily I haven't lost anything besides two snails. Yesterday I did about a 60% water change. Everything else in the tank (other snails and two clowns) are doing fine. I just want to know if these nems are ticked because they were without water flow for maybe 8 hours (along with a slight drop in temperature) or are they dying. I think they will pull through as they have their foots attached and mouths are not gaping. Any advice will help.

IMG_5786.jpg IMG_5787.jpg IMG_5788.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they will recover. I have held various anemones in small containers with no water movement and no airstone and just do 75% to 100% water changes every 8 hours.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they will pull through as well.Looking a little better today. Will probably do another water change today. Hammer and kenya tree arent opening really either

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back