Made up a small frag tank

Brewman1987

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2015
Messages
604
Reaction score
506
Location
Scotland, ct
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd use up a 20 long I had kicking around. With limited space at home this is all
I really can fit for a frag tank at the moment. I have different heights of egg crate and will use my old t5 fixture for lighting until I buy a led. Looking forward to getting some frags at the ffm and also cut some of my corals.

 
Thanks, tossed in a piece of live rock and some rubble in the hob filter along with some display water. Also dusted off the t5 and have it on right now.

 
For now it will have to do until I add a sump to it. Weekly water changes will be done in the meantime and monitoring the levels in the tank.
 
If you don't have any fish technically you really don't even need filtration. I think the hang on filter is plenty with weekly water changes.
 
Yeah I keep reading back and forth about it. I don't plan to have any fish in there, just coral so I guess time will tell.
 
I think your frag system would be a whole lot more stable and require less work if you had a fish to keep it cycled and some Marine Pure to promote the bacteria, but to each their own! :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new