Mag 9.5 alternative?

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamizy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamizy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
62
Reaction score
13
Location
Staten Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a setup a few weeks ago and the pump has been running for a few days now and the mag started making a rattling/rocking sound. I thought it was just the vibrations hitting the wall but it still rattles so I think the propellor is bad or something since when I first got it, it was jammed so I think I just need a new pump for my 57. What would be a good alternative pump that's dependable and as quiet as can be lol or just get a new 9.5?
 
Impellers aren't too expensive. I just replaced mine on my 9.5 a few months ago. Purchased on Amazon
 
Here is a tip for you

I run a Mag 5, 7, 9.5, 12, 18
And when they make that sound it's been 99% of the time the impeller head cover called a (valute)
The rubber end piece that the impeller sits in a holding slot is beginning to or has already broken the the support bridge arms.
If under 3 yrs might be 5 yrs old you can get a replacement from Danner pumps, but you will need a proof of purchase. They will mail it to out.

Or if you can't find proof order it from aquacave.com they a have them all there. This is a common problem will the face/head cover of the mag pumps...

I have thought the pump was a goner , but a new piece and it's back like new...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new