magdrive not cutting it, looking for new pump

reefmaster70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2025
Messages
989
Reaction score
473
Location
SW Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all. So I built an RO/DI & Saltwater mixing station in my garage. (One 30 gallon brute can for freshwater and One for mixing saltwater). I have a Magdive 5 between the two and it does a great job moving water between tanks and filling buckets in the garage. BUT when I connect a 25ft hose and run it up an 8ft flight of stairs into my house to put water directly into my tank it just comes out a little tiny trickle. This pump definitely isn't cutting it for pumping water into my house. Wondering what would be a good, no frills replacement pump with 3/4" and/or 1" inputs and outputs on it that can pump water up into my house.

Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new