Magic carpet color up

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a magic carpet and it dosnt have much of the bright yellow/orange/green "hairs." Is there a way to get it to color up? Ha anyone done it themselves? Picture is of bsa not mine. Mine dosnt have 1/10th that color.

Screenshot_20240304_174006_Instagram.jpg

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a magic carpet and it dosnt have much of the bright yellow/orange/green "hairs." Is there a way to get it to color up? Ha anyone done it themselves? Picture is of bsa not mine. Mine dosnt have 1/10th that color.

Screenshot_20240304_174006_Instagram.jpg
My first assumption would be a difference in lighting causing the difference in color. Do you know what light the picture was taken under, and what kind of light are you using?

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first assumption would be a difference in lighting causing the difference in color. Do you know what light the picture was taken under, and what kind of light are you using?
It's nothing like light giving it different colors unless your talking about the lights will color it up. What I'm talking about is that instead of all that yellow it is just brown. And I don't know what lights they are under.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's nothing like light giving it different colors unless your talking about the lights will color it up. What I'm talking about is that instead of all that yellow it is just brown. And I don't know what lights they are under.
Differences in lighting can affect the appearance of the corals color as well as color it up or down over time.

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Differences in lighting can both affect the appearance of the corals color as well as color it up or down over time.
Yup, so what about the mushroom though? I know it isn't lighting altering the picture. Do you know If you can color them up or not?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup, so what about the mushroom though? I know it isn't lighting altering the picture. Do you know If you can color them up or not?
If you don't know what lighting the seller is running how can you know that it isn't lighting?

Different lighting will drastically affect the appearance of your corals so I am not sure how you can rule that out without knowing what lights the seller was running?

Were those spots bright yellow day one when you put it in your tank?

For example I have bought corals from Battle Corals who have high quality close up shots of all their corals yet they look different day one in my tank because we run very different lighting set ups.

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude stop acting like a know it all. If you can turn brown into bright yellow on a picture while still having some brown left on the shroom let me know. If not it's not the lighting altering the look while taking a picture. It could brighten up the yellow but not multiply it. I am telling that there is no yellow of that quantity and I am wanting to know if I can brighten it up somehow.

acrocapital

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change your lighting, or move the piece, mine was bright yellow like that in the picture, over a few months in my 10 gallon it lost almost all its yellow, I had it under an AI Prime that was running very intense for my SPS, my bounce mushrooms and jawbreaker seemed to like the high light so I thought the magic carpet would as well. I have since moved it to a different tank under a frag rack so its shaded and lighting is T5's and Kessil Tuna Blues, but the key is a lot lower par, at least in my case. Seems to be healing back.

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change your lighting, or move the piece, mine was bright yellow like that in the picture, over a few months in my 10 gallon it lost almost all its yellow, I had it under an AI Prime that was running very intense for my SPS, my bounce mushrooms and jawbreaker seemed to like the high light so I thought the magic carpet would as well. I have since moved it to a different tank under a frag rack so its shaded and lighting is T5's and Kessil Tuna Blues, but the key is a lot lower par, at least in my case. Seems to be healing back.
I have mine at the bottom of the tank with decently low par. Has yours gotten all the yellow back?

acrocapital

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine at the bottom of the tank with decently low par. Has yours gotten all the yellow back?
Nope, but it’s only been a few months, and took about a year for it to cook away. Mushrooms grow slow for me I would assume any healing is going to be slow also.
Also my idea of low par is high 200’s - mid 300’s, so maybe you need more, maybe I need less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ every situation is different.
Don’t attack @MoshJosh he’s just trying to help and isn’t wrong.

Leon Zhang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem, I have kept this one nearly 9 Months, size get bigger, but no yellow.

Attachments

• IMG_3015.jpeg
    IMG_3015.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 23

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back