Magnetic Panels for Stand

Ecotech Marine

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
My new build is almost here and it will have a steel stand and I would appreciate any ones help on how to go about to make custom magnetic panels for my stand. A good friend of my makes and installs custom cabinets and he will be making the panels just need help/ideas on how to make them magnetic. Any and all info is helpful TYI.

Champion Lighting & Supply

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I build and used magnetic panels before. They sound great. They can be useful when moving big things into your tank like a sump.

But for daily maintenance, they are a pain. It is much easier to just open and close a door than it is to remove a panel, put it aside and then put the panel back when you are done. It seems like a small thing but I have a refugium and small frag tank within my stand so I open and close the cabinets often.

It got so annoying that I replaced the magnetic panels with regular ones.

OP
izzyishh

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
I build and used magnetic panels before. They sound great. They can be useful when moving big things into your tank like a sump.

But for daily maintenance, they are a pain. It is much easier to just open and close a door than it is to remove a panel, put it aside and then put the panel back when you are done. It seems like a small thing but I have a refugium and small frag tank within my stand so I open and close the cabinets often.

It got so annoying that I replaced the magnetic panels with regular ones.
I can see this as a hassle but I have a toddler that manages to open everything!

Also I will have access form left, right and the front so what ever makes it look seamless and more athletically please I will do also im 6'2 so every inch i can get helps when working under the tank/stand. post pictures if you have some please

Avast

Have you ever had a reef tank with no sump and how did it go?

• YES and it was just fine

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • YES but it was difficult

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • NO

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 2.2%
Growcorals.com