magnets- does anybody know....

ChiCity

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
5,392
Reaction score
5,680
Location
holy see
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
... what would be a good brand to buy that i could submerse into an aio compartment?

jumped back into the hobby after a couple of years out, and i just picked up a jebao slw5 but the magnets seem weak...

and i’m also unsure if they’re even safe to keep submerged?

have my old mp10’s, but they’d look absolutely ridiculous in this little fluval evo, lol...

any help is appreciated, thank you
 
I have used regular magnets and had them epoxy coated
 
did you coat them yourself?
if so, how did you go about it?
 
They sell them coated and ceramics are safe too. I tried epoxy, but would erode away after a bit of use. Granted, I used cheap stuff I did not know what I was doing. Just trying it out.
 
awesome, thank you...

just google search for epoxy coated magnets?
any particular kind you have experience with that you’d recommend?

would hate to order something and they turn out weaker than what i have right now, lol
 
I have only used the ceramic and the ones that come with pumps. I know most people from the site have recommended the K&J and one other I cannot remember the name.
 
okay, sweet!

appreciate your help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new