Magnificent Foxface

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most recent purchase a Magnificent Foxface. I wouldn't normally buy such a fish but as my Yellow Tang has so far decided not to eat my nuisance low growing Caulerpa (unlike my previous YT which cleared it all before I sold it on) The Foxface has been in 7 days and at first it was very shy partly because the YT was showing it who is boss in the tank and partly because they do take a while to settle into a new tank and surroundings. Now its out and about and picking at algae on the rocks but so far I am not sure it's eating the Caulerpa as yet. I guess it's a case of wait and see. It;s about 3.1/2” long and I got it for a good price I believe just £21. I just hope it will do the job I bought it for. Fingers crossed.

Here it is.

20160915_140502_zpsxr36ajd9.jpg

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it can honestly take months for them to become more brave. They are a bit moody too. My magnificent is a great macro algae eater and eats most of it. He doesn't like grape Calurpa though

Bob Labla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a magnificent foxface for quite a while now. Was shy at first but now he's a bully, he'll get in a hissy fit with anyone especially over food. Never does any damage, I don't think anyone even takes him seriously lol. Mine loved grape caulerpa but I unfortunately (for him) don't have any anymore.

3743a3b228147a47d807ad3e6114483c.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My most recent purchase a Magnificent Foxface. I wouldn't normally buy such a fish but as my Yellow Tang has so far decided not to eat my nuisance low growing Caulerpa (unlike my previous YT which cleared it all before I sold it on) The Foxface has been in 7 days and at first it was very shy partly because the YT was showing it who is boss in the tank and partly because they do take a while to settle into a new tank and surroundings. Now its out and about and picking at algae on the rocks but so far I am not sure it's eating the Caulerpa as yet. I guess it's a case of wait and see. It;s about 3.1/2” long and I got it for a good price I believe just £21. I just hope it will do the job I bought it for. Fingers crossed.

Here it is.

20160915_140502_zpsxr36ajd9.jpg
Awesome! I love magnificent foxfaces! Beautiful fish with lots of personality!

Geno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own one. His name is Kessil. I purchased my Yellow Tang after him so he picks on my tang. He did take a while to settle in and get comfortable. He is still very shy too. He's def one of my favorite fish. Magnificent Fox Face was on my list of fish I wanted before I even started my tank.

Geno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4885.JPG
I own one. His name is Kessil. I purchased my Yellow Tang after him so he picks on my tang. He did take a while to settle in and get comfortable. He is still very shy too. He's def one of my favorite fish. Magnificent Fox Face was on my list of fish I wanted before I even started my tank.

Travis Rider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite fish. He is the center piece of my tank. I have had mine for about 3 months and he still hides from everyone that walks by the tank except for me. He has associated me with food. One of the nicer looking fish if you ask me.

Zachary Spence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one in a smaller tank for right around 6 months. Had gotten for a bigger build then the tank cracked so I gave him to a friend and didn't last to much longer... awesome looking fish and loved him just had to small of a tank to keep him

IdahoReefMafia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2, the last one i had for over a year. he was eating great and looked amazing then one morning i woke up and he was stuck to a power head. happened to both fish.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2, the last one i had for over a year. he was eating great and looked amazing then one morning i woke up and he was stuck to a power head. happened to both fish.
I had my foxface get stuck against the overflow once, luckily I was at the tank and stopped the return so he could swim away. Now my overflow and powerheads are all covered with sponges.

IdahoReefMafia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my foxface get stuck against the overflow once, luckily I was at the tank and stopped the return so he could swim away. Now my overflow and powerheads are all covered with sponges.
that sounds like a good idea. thanks.

Reefiin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had little problem with the purple tang, but when the foxface fight back its never been anything.
SAM_3467.JPG
still little shy but eats from the hand and some times little petting og the head! Awesome fish

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you steer clear of the dorsal spines. They contain poison similar to a lionfish. Even an accidental poke could be very painful.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have a mag foxface, too. I love it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back